Named after the famous 16th century Portuguese fortifications of Melaka, A’Famosa Resort is surrounded by rolling hills and lush countryside and is rated one of the region’s foremost leisure and holiday destinations.
Visible from the North-South Highway, A’Famosa Resort is a short distance away from the historical town of Melaka. It is just a mere an hour drive from Kuala Lumpur International Airport and one and half hour drive from Kuala Lumpur.
The resort is a one-stop venue for business and pleasure, it boasts an international championship golf course, designed by renowned Australia golf course architect Ross C. Watson, the Water Theme Park, Safari Wonderland, Old West, Resort Hotel, Condotel and Villas and Freeport A’Famosa Outlet
The Resort, founded in the year 1992 had come a very long way into making the place as a venue for everyone. The vision is to build a hidden paradise to avoid the busy sounds of the city. Construction of the Resort began with a massive land fills and grass planting for the Golf Course. In the same time, villas and properties begin its development phase by phase.
The first theme park ever constructed on the land was Water Theme Park. Completed its construction in the year 1996, A’Famosa Resort had opened its gates to millions of visitor to the resort ever since.
The next attraction completed in the year of 2001 which was the Safari Wonderland. The Safari was one of its kind back then where the concept of animals roaming freely and talented animals performing tricks became one of the regions “a must-to-visit.”
One year later, in 2002 A’Famosa Resort introduced another attraction which was the Old West. Live up by its name, the Cowboy Town was the visionary of the founder to relive the era of the Wild Wild West.
Opened on Jan 28, 2016 , Freeport A’Famosa Outlet brings the outlet retails to eager customers of Centre and Southern region of Malaysia. It is a shopping outlet centre which offers a variety of designers brands and fashion items, it comprises of 80 retails lots , food & beverages units, exhibition and event hall.
With the entire establishment, one can visit to the Resort with so many purposes. Be it for a family gathering, a school camping, a corporate outing , quality bargain shopping or even just to escape to a greener pace, everyone leaves this place with a smile on the face.
At A’Famosa Resort , there is something for everyone.
Water Theme Park
- Wave Pool, Arabian Village, Sandy Beach, Lazy River, Body Slides, High Speed Slides, Family Raft Ride, Kids Adventure, Play Pool, Big Ice Cream, Wahaha, Hula-Hula, Tot’s Activity Pool, Splash Water Games Pool.
Retail Outlets ~ Swim Wear & Souvenir Shop, Convenience Shop
Facilities ~ Locker Rental, Tube Rental, Changing Room, Surau, Wheelchair (subject to availability).
- Safari Adventure Ride, Walk True Area, Farm House, Raft Cruise to Monkey Island, Animal Rides, Elephant Encounters, Multi Animals Fun Play, Color of the Birds, Wild Wild West Show, Tiger / Crocodile Feeding, White Lion.
Dinning ~ Lake View restaurant, Local Food Court, Bamboo Steak House.
Retail Outlets ~ Safari Souvenirs Shop, Convenience Shop, Mini Shop, Zulu Hut Tibits Stall,.
Show Time ~
- Elephants Encounters : 10.15am & 4.30pm
- Multi Animals Fun Play : 11.20am & 3.00pm
- Color of the Birds : 12.00am & 3.45pm
- Wild Wild West Show : 2.15pm
Sport and Recreations Activities
- Animal Rides, Paintball War Game [pre-booking], Team Building / Jungle Trekking / Tele-match, Archery, Jogging, Basketball
- Water Theme Park will be closed on every Tuesday (except Public Holidays & School Holidays)
- Public Holidays date (2017) : 1 Jan, 28 Jan, 29 Jan, 1 May,3 June, 25-26 June, 31 Aug, 1 Sept, 16 Sept, 18 Oct, 1 Dec, 24-25 Dec.
- Public Holidays date (2018) TBA
- Run on house ~ Resort Hotel – Min 2 adults | Family Studio – Min
- 2 adults | 2 Rooms Condo – Min 4 adults | 3 Rooms Condo – Min
- 6 adults | 4 Rooms Villa – Min 8 adults.