Exploration, Excitement, Experiences
This is what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course (aka AOW) is all about. It is designed that you can transition straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The AOW course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under supervision of your PADI instructor.
The AOW course certifies you to dive to a depth of 30meters and is the required certification level in many dive destinations.
The course includes 5 adventure dives and can be completed in 2 full days. There will be no final exam and the only homework you have to do is to read the appropriate sections in the AOW student manual and answer the questions at the end of each chapter.
You will conduct the following dives:
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Navigation
- Deep Diving
- Night diving (can be changed to another adventure dive if you prefer)
- Final adventure dive for you to choose (i.e. wreck diving, fish identification, drift diving)
- You must already be a PADI Open Water Diver (or equivalent from another organisation)
- You need to be able to answer all questions in the PADI Medical Statement with NO
Another great option is to combine your AOW course together with the PADI Enriched Air Specialty (Nitrox aka EANx). Diving on Nitrox gives you the advantage of longer bottom times, which is especially important on deeper dives. It further provides additional safety on shallower dives and you will also feel less tired if you dive on Nitrox compared to normal air It is as such no surprise that this is the most sought after course in the world!